Tuesday, August 22, 2017

OSCP first progress report

Started yesterday after belatedly receiving the email notification that my materials were ready.  I signed up for the 90 day plan and I fully expect to have to extend at least one 30 day period because, honestly, I am not very bright.

Progress so far - 75 pages into the manual (about 20%) and have been working along with the examples.  I know that doesn't sound like much but I have a plan - when I am starting a new course I always like to go thru the materials once before starting any exercises or homework, so that is what I am doing.  I ma going to read the manual and go thru the examples along with the video, then after I have done that I will go back and do the exercise.  I think that will give me the best reinforcement of the learning.  I expect that to eat up the first month.  then I will start the real work - trying to compromise the 10 lab machines.

I know this doesn't sound like an ambitious schedule but I know me and I know that I get bored quickly if all I do is one thing so I am trying to be realistic.

After this I will start posting these updates on Sundays.

(I thought about doing video postings like a bunch of other people but that would probably break youtube)

No comments: