Saturday, October 11, 2014

VMWare training

I am one of those guys who is constantly chasing the fads, not setting them, and currently that is VMWare.  Now I have used VMWare off and on for years and all our servers at work are on VMWare platforms, but I have zero formal training and (and this is only important in having something for the resume) no certifications in the subject.  IN the case of VMWare the two go together - you can't take the exam unless you have taken the class.  Unfortunately the class is $5000 unless you live near an academic partner.  I do, but guess how many classes they are offering?  That's right - ZERO.  Given that I was pretty excited to find out that Caldwell Community College and UCSC both offer online training at pretty reasonable prices.  I am not going to provide links because, well I am selfish and I want to make sure there are spots open for me once I convince my employer to pay for the training, but I have made you aware and that makes me a good person.  Even if the wall of text with no paragraph breaks makes me worse than a serial killer.

No comments: