Wednesday, August 27, 2014

What I am reading 8/27/2014

Ars Technica - US courts trash a decade’s worth of online documents, shrug it off -
The US Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) has removed access to nearly a decade's worth of electronic documents from four US appeals courts and one bankruptcy court.
...
Court dockets and documents at the US Courts of Appeals for the 2nd, 7th, 11th, and Federal Circuits, as well as the Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, were maintained with "locally developed legacy case management systems," said AOC spokesperson Karen Redmond in an e-mailed statement. Those five courts aren't compatible with the new PACER system.
Ah, the joys of federal IT projects.

Valleywag - Jessica Alba's Startup Is Worth Nearly $1 Billion -
According to the Wall Street Journal, the superstar actress's environmentally-friendly baby care startup, The Honest Co., recently closed a $70 million fundraising round. That investment now values her company just shy of a billion dollars, and it's only growing:
And she is a Windows Phone user.  I am not saying that Windows Phone users are more intelligent, successful, or attractive, except that as a Windows Phone user I am.  (OOPs she switched to an iPhone, well I guess that explains why I am able to use a Windows Phone without any of it's magical success properties rubbing off.)

Carnifex - First Appearance of the Power Girl Boob Window -

Of the three articles linked here today this is probably the most important because Power Girl Boob Window.  Also I agree that Woverine and his attitude got old fast.  My favorite X-Man was always Rogue, not just because she was the nicest to look at, but because she was actually the most interestingly written.  My all time favorite comic character (superhero wise) remains Spiderman.  In my opinion, and I admit it is dated since I rarely read comics anymore, his stories were always the best developed and written and that was true across both major publishers.

No comments: