Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Two big stories today plus some other stuff

First one: Obama approves offshore oil drilling.  Good move but I am afraid it’s going to come with a cost we don’t like.  Trade off for cap and trade legislation maybe.

Next:  Judge rules NSA Terrorist Surveillance Program illegal.  This is absolutely wrong and if it gets to the Supreme Court I am almost sure it will be reversed.  I went over all this back when Judge Anna Diggs Taylor issued her stupid ruling so I am not going to rehash it all again.

Jaime Escalante, the math teacher the movie Stand and Deliver, died of cancer today.  He was proof that public education can succeed. 

David Letterman talks with a Tea Partier from Idaho.  This video needs much wider distribution.

I know there is much more out there but I am easing back into this.

No comments: