Saturday, August 13, 2016

Today's adventures in Vancouver WA - Faux gunplay at Walmart.

Went to Carhart, then went got my haircut, and then stopped at Walmart to do some grocery shopping.  Finished up went out to the and put my stuff in the back seat.  As I am finishing up a guy walks up to me and says "Hey Buddy, give me 4.80".  

I always pay by card so I din't have anything smaller than a $20 on me.  I told him "Sorry, I don't have any cash" 

 As I am saying this he starts to step in real close and I catch a reflection on someone else behind me in the window.  

I stepped back turned my back to the car and pretty quickly put my hand in the small of my back like I was grabbing something.  Both of them stopped and I asked "Dude, do you really want to get shot for $.80"

I guess the answer was no because they both headed off into the Walmart.  Good thing too because it was a total bluff.  I used to carry all the time but I haven't for years now.  Probably a good thing I got my haircut because that always pisses me off enough that I probably looked enough like a psycho serial killer that they didn't want to try it.

I'll tell you though Vancouver is getting bad enough anymore that a CCW may be worthwhile.

No comments: