Ellen is a class act. I have gotten to know Ellen well as we’ve worked closely together over the past eight months and I’m impressed by her hard work and integrity as she’s strived to do what’s right for both reddit the company and reddit the community. I have admired her fearlessness and calm throughout our time together and look forward to following her impact on Silicon Valley and beyond. It was my decision to change how we work with AMAs and the transition was my failure and I hope we can keep moving forward from that lesson. Today was another step. I'm really excited to be working with Steve again and appreciate what Ellen did during her time here.So where was this douche when Pao was taking all the heat and ultimately being forced out the door (a move I still agree with by the way. It was obvious she was going to destroy the site eventually)? Well apparently he has a history of shitty weaselly behavior:
Just to recap why people are pissed at Alexis...
- He's the one who fired Victoria and didn't bother to tell any of the moderators. Then he minimized the work she did repeatedly, as if she was nothing more than an email address that could be checked once a day by anyone.
- He's also the one that made posts like this, then claimed a month later that he didn't realize people were so upset. That's an obvious lie, just read the comments there. He knew people were upset, he simply doesn't care.
- His overall smug, two-faced, patronizing attitude.
- The fact that he was a top mod of /r/technology when they were censoring a litany of words, then took zero responsibility for it once it became a scandal.
- He lied about the /r/technology censorship and claimed he didn't know about it, when users were actively asking him why he was allowing said censorship.
Apparently it's par for the course for this guy.