Saturday, July 11, 2015

Looks like the drama isn't over at reddit yet

Ellen Pao resigned yesterday but then today this pops up in the the thread announcing her resignation
Ellen is a class act. I have gotten to know Ellen well as we’ve worked closely together over the past eight months and I’m impressed by her hard work and integrity as she’s strived to do what’s right for both reddit the company and reddit the community. I have admired her fearlessness and calm throughout our time together and look forward to following her impact on Silicon Valley and beyond. It was my decision to change how we work with AMAs and the transition was my failure and I hope we can keep moving forward from that lesson. Today was another step. I'm really excited to be working with Steve again and appreciate what Ellen did during her time here.
So where was this douche when Pao was taking all the heat and ultimately being forced out the door (a move I still agree with by the way. It was obvious she was going to destroy the site eventually)?  Well apparently he has a history of shitty weaselly behavior:

Just to recap why people are pissed at Alexis...

Apparently it's par for the course for this guy.

No comments: