Sunday, July 13, 2014

Trying to decide what to do...

As I have mentioned I am currently studying for a couple Cisco exams (and yes I know I need to get a new post up on my Cisco blog today.).  Cisco is one of those core technologies that you just kind of have to be comfortable with in my job so it makes sense to pursue the certs.  

The question I am facing is what do I integrate next?  

At work we use a mixed environment of Microsoft Server 2003, 2008 and 2012.  We are slowly migrating everything to 2012 as Server 2003 is end of lifing soon and it won't be long for 2008.  So do I start down that path?  Or... since we are running all this stuff in a VMWare environment do I go down the VCP path? It's undeniable that VMWare is going to be a major player going forward.  Already you are seeing what used to be server applications be deployed as standalone VMWare appliances (RSA Auth Manger and Cisco Prime are two examples).

I was considering all this as I took a nice little 45 minute walk around downtown Portland and seriously I have no idea.  

No comments: