Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Posted from Ubuntu laptop

So, a couple weeks ago I posted a review that wasn't very complimentary of Ubuntu 11.04 - I haven't really changed my mind, but I recovered a laptop from a to be destroyed pile and I needed an OS. I tried Windows 7 first (benefits of a student MSDN license) but it just crapped out on me. Not surprising, this is a 2005 era laptop. I then had a choice of Ubuntu or using one of my 3 XP licenses. I decided on Ubuntu, let's face it it isn't a Microsoft world anymore. So far I am pleasantly surprised. Unlike the installation I discussed before my laptop is working like a dream. I am still testing things out but for everyday use this would be more than adequate as is. Configuring it for work might be a little problematic but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

No comments: