Tuesday, June 02, 2009

2009 GOP Party Census

I was of course delighted to learn that I had been selected as part of a select group to help the Republican party develop a blueprint - a plan of action as it were - to grow the ranks of the GOP, educate voters and recruit great candidates to reflect our principles and turn out a winning vote on election day.

With this in mind it was with trembling hands that I filled out the questionnaire making sure that I gave each of the 25 highly detailed questions my full thought and attention. This could potentially effect national policy after all so when I was asked "Should we fight military-cutting efforts in Congress, such as the proposal from liberal Barney Franks to slash the Pentagon budget by 25%" I made sure to read every bit of the Republican plan (none) before carefully selecting Yes from the the possible selections of Yes, No and Undecided.

I went thru each question in the same laborious manner until I came to this one

"Will you join the Republican National Committee by making a contribution today?

Yes (check an ammount)

Yes I support the RNC, but I am unable to participate at this time. However I have enclosed $12 to cover the cost of tabulating my survey

No I favor electing liberal democrats over the next 10 years.

What the hell I thought I was a member of a select group they should be paying me for filling out their stupid (fake) survey. Not only that but they want me to dilute the exclusivity of the group. There is a note that a $100 donation will pay to mail 238 more census documents to registered Republicans. Why should I pay to let a bunch more slack jawed mouth breathers dilute my opinion. My slack jawed mouth breathing should be enough for them. That's like asking your girlfriend for money to pay a hooker.

I left that section blank and mailed it back anyway. Eat the postage jerks!

No comments: