Monday, August 18, 2008

My little Democrat doomsday scenario

This weekend I was talking to my mother about politics and her refusal to leave the radical wing of the communist party when we got onto the subject of Hillary's name being placed in nomination at the Democratic Convention.

My mother was wondering if Hillary would honor her deal to pledge her delegates to Barack. I told her I thought it was unlikely that she would follow thru, that I think she and Bill hate Obama so much now they dont care if they drag the Dems chances down with them they want to take Obama out.

After I left I started thinking, what if there really is a Michelle Obama tape and the Hillary campaign has embargoed it until the first ballot at the convention starts (and possibly they are just showing it to select superdelegates at the moment) then so immediately after Hillary's name is placed in nomination the tape becomes public and she makes her move - refusing to release her delegates and making the point that the party "deserves better".

It would rip them apart, but I think that Barack's voters are much less likely to jumps hip to McCain than Hilary's are. She might pull it off.

(Of course all of the above is predicated on the existance of a Michelle Obama tape which I think is highly unlikely.)

No comments: