Monday, July 14, 2008

Victor Davis Hanson - How McCain can Win

Concentate on four areas - Differentiate from Obama

"The War: Our aims are victory, and we will leave each region of Iraq as our victory on the ground allows us to turn another province over to Iraqi security forces." I'm consistent in my views, Obama isn't. My way is working, Obama's won't.

"Money: Tax cuts led to greater aggregate revenues. Deficits grew due to uncontrolled federal spending." I will reduce spending and keep the revenue generating tax cuts, Obama will increase spending and increase taxes - A recipe for disaster.

"Energy: I’m as much for wind, solar, and conservation as Barack Obama. But for now at present rates of consumption and production, we will go bankrupt in the transition to green energy." Too comabt this I will use all available sources. My opponent will not.

"Illegal Immigration: We can talk all we want about “comprehensive immigration reform” but it won’t matter if we don’t close the border—now. I will; my opponent won’t."

I know the last one is contentious especially with people like DrewM over at Ace of Spades who feel like you can tell McCain is lying because his lips are moving, but he has said it repeatedly in speeches and it is far ahead of Obama's position.

If it was me I would add one more item - Judges, but I think Victor Davis Hanson's list works well enough.

No comments: