Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Big Bang Theory

One of my secret shames is that I enjoy sitcoms on TV and Teen sex comedies at the movies. OK, it isn't so secret everyone knows it, especially since I spend a lot of my life semi-quoting them.

Anyway one of the funnier shows the season has been CBS's "The Big Bang Theory" in which an attractive girl moves in across the hall from two PhD physicists, one of whom has the hots for her. I think the humor was originally supposed to be about him wooing her, but it has really started to evolve around the second roommate Sheldon, who is a physics wonder kid, having gotten his PhD at 15, and who appears to suffer from Aspergers Syndrome and OCD.

So last night I am watching and trying to think where the show is going next season and I thought, hey what if the girl, who is portrayed as bright but not smart, wins a scholarship at work so she enrolls at the school where the two PhDs teach. Gradually they could make it out that she is actually smarter than Sheldon and she can start spotting small errors in his work which then causes him to go to ridiculous, but not outlandish (physically and financially probable) lengths to prove her wrong. I think it could be kind of funny.

Yes this actually is my life and yes because this is my blog I subjected you to this drivel. Live with it.

No comments: