Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ender's Game

XM radio has a program called Orson Scott Card's Universe which is basically a celebration of his Ender series of books. I am just wondering if anyone besides me is asking why?

I first read Ender's game in short story form in like 9th grade and it was OK but I didn't really think it was anything special then when it came out as a novel I read that and the next one and I was even less impressed. Again they are OK but I don't think there is anything special about the story. Now it turns out that he has published about Eleventy Billion books all about this uper genius kid named Ender and I still can't figure it out.

Am I missing something? Meanwhile this is sucking up space on the airwaves when they could be serializing the Flashman series, or even better James Ellroy's LA quartet.

No comments: