Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Why I Am Bullish on the American Economy

It really comes down to 4 words -

Worker Productivity

Weak Dollar

I am not an economist so I can't really say if there is scientific basis for my feelings, but study after study has shown American workers to be among the most productive in the world (thank you Protestant Work Ethic), and the weak dollar makes American produced goods much more affordable. To me this adds up to a winning combination.

That isn't to say there are going to be some rough times over the next 6 months or so, but I think that the worst of the housing market shake out is over and the banks are going to come up with some sort of solution to save their investments. By this time next year we will be humming along again and hopefully with the right tax incentives to keep American companies productive and competitive worldwide.

I just had to bring this up because I was looking at the stock ticker and so far today the Dow is up for the fourth straight day

,

No comments: