Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow Day

We got about 3 inches of snow last night so today traffic is completely hosed. I actually had to turn around and go home because all my viable routes to work are completely blocked off either ice or accidents or people just abandoning cars in the road. I mean for christ sake doesn't anyone prepare anymore?

I am far from a paragon of emergency preparedness virtues but I spend enough time traveling to the backwoods of upstate Washington to have a box of supplies in my van.

My little kit is

1. Flashlight
2. Shovel
3. Fix a Flat
4. quart of oil
5. brake fluid
6. Gallon of water (emergency coolant or drinking)
7. a couple Met-Rx bars
8. Light jacket
9. gloves
10. air compressor
11. chains (in winter)
12. kitty litter (in winter)
13. sleeping bag

For around town driving that is way more than most people need but for god's sake get some kitty litter and chains people.

No comments: