Saturday, March 31, 2018

Ready Player One (FILM) Review

So, I just got back from Ready Player One and all I can say is don't see it. 

To begin, I am a fan of the book.  It's not my all time favorite but it was a good read and had a reasonably coherent story line, although there were some plot holes. So what the hell let's just throw all that out and wing it.  Literally nothing is the same except for some names.  The entire basis of the story is change as well as the tone.  It really comes off as a comedy rather than a coming-of-age story. 

As I told the person I went to see it with it's like Kline said "Hey, Mr. Spielberg I know this book made me rich and famous but let's just bend it over the trash can and butt-fuck it to dearh."

Look, I know the story couldn't be 100% faithful to the book, but they even changed the hero (at least in my opinion) and even the basic concept of the OASIS.  They did the story no justice here.

DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY TO SEE THIS.

No comments: