Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The DNC is so desperate for dirt on McCain they have to resort to stealing from a small little blog

As my two readers know I also blog at Independent Sources which has a much higher readership than Kuru Lounge but would still fall in the small blog category.

A couple years ago one of my co-bloggers received a picture from a friend of John McCain shooting craps in Las Vegas. He published it and people had a good laugh about it. Then in July Time Magazine's Swampland blog published the picture while discussing John McCain's and Barack Obama's gambling habits. That led to this email exchange:

Hey,

I tracked back the picture of McCain at the craps table back to your site. I wanted to check to make sure that it wasn’t photoshopped. It seems from your posts that the pictures legit, but if you can email me back and let me know that would be helpful.

- Kombiz

Kombiz Lavasany
Democratic National Committee
202-863-xxxx (office) …


Reply

It was not photoshopped — the image on the site is straight from our correspondent’s camera phone.

We do ask that attribution accompany any use of the photos (emphasis ours).


Do they reply with that simple request? No!! 31 seconds into this ad attacking McCain the picture appears with the Independent Sources logo removed:



Since I am a link whore I am deeply offended by their lack of netiquette.

No comments: