Thursday, February 20, 2020

The 2020 Commission Report on the North Korean Nuclear Attacks Against the United States: A Speculative Novel

I saw this book about a year ago and the premise seemed interesting; a novel written in the style of a 9/11 Commission report,  so I decided to give it a try.  It took me awhile to finally get to it but I did this week.

It was OK.

I think the style it was written in distracted from the story, but maybe that was the point.  To me though it felt incomplete, like there were big character and motivational gaps.  Again though given the way the book was structured I think that was inevitable.

Besides that the I felt like the author went a little overboard in his characterization of Donald Trump.  In contrast Kim Jong Il is presented as a mostly rational actor despite attacking the US with nuclear weapons.

The scenario of the story leading to the attack seems plausible, but has since kind of been overtaken by events. 

like I said, it was OK.

No comments: