Saturday, October 12, 2019

Reading up on the China Threat

I just finished "America the Vulnerable: Inside the New Threat Matrix of Digital Espionage, Crime, and Warfare" and "The Hundred-Year Marathon: China's Secret Strategy to Replace America as the Global Superpower"  both were interesting but tended to the alarmist I think.  I agree with their basic premise, that China (and others) is in the process of challenging America's pre-eminence on the world stage, and I believe that if they succeed that it will be bad for the world.  The authors' tone however makes it sound like this is a done deal, inevitable and irreversible.  I don't agree with that.  Next up on the list is "Unrestricted Warfare: China's Master Plan to Destroy America"

In case you are wondering two of these three books appear on military cyber warfare reading lists:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12z7_8fUwSejPVd6bIosD405mhpLLM_DnTdcIiiKWpqw/edit#gid=2079030996

No comments: