Friday, June 30, 2017

I'm an MBA and I'm Here to Help - What I'm Reading 6/30/2017

Nothing is really catching my eye in the news today so I am just going to recommend a couple books:

1.  The Golden Passport:  Harvard Business School, the Limits of Capitalism, and the Moral Failure of the MBA Elite -

Examines the history and philosophy of one of the most important education institutions in the world.  People who know me know I have been on an anti-MBA bandwagon for a long time.  I believe the short term quarter to quarter thinking inculcated by those programs are responsible for many of the economic woes since the 1980's and it's time to understand why.  This book is a good start.

2.  Infosec Rock Star: How to Accelerate Your Career Because Geek Will Only Get You So Far -

I'm not recommending this one for technical content or anything like that, but the practical advice he gives on navigating into a meaningful career is something that should be required reading for all high school students.



No comments: