Thursday, August 04, 2016

I think @AceofSpadesHQ has it wrong

I can't speak for everyone.  I am not a member of an organized #NeverTrump movement so I can only speak for myself, but when Ace says:
The sustaining, foundational myth of the #NeverTrump movement is that a Hillary presidency is cost-free -- no difference between president Hillary and President Trump, they say.
That's wrong.  I know there is a cost in not voting for Trump, that even though I am not going to vote for Clinton she may (probably will ) be elected.  I also know that as much as I despise Clinton she almost certainly be less damaging to the country than Donald Trump.

It is a certainty that if Trump is elected all the abuses that we have laid at Obama's feet, the settling of grudges, the lying, the incompetence, the disrespect for the military as well as for the common voter.  All will be exhibited in even greater fashion by Trump.  You see it in his campaign now and he doesn't even have any real power yet.

I'm sorry I am not ready to piss on the legacy of Ronald Reagan to try and get a fucking lunatic fascist elected.  The fact that so many are disgusts me, but it doesn't surprise me I have known this day was coming since the first Tea Party candidate appeared and at the time I said that the problem with Populist movements was they produced populist candidates that were worse than the problem we are trying to solve.  Well here we are.

I am not going to try and convince anyone not to vote for Trump - I made my argument against him to people like Ace months ago and was told to "allow him to make his own choice".  I respected that, (well not really but I honored the request) now it's my turn.

No comments: