Thursday, July 21, 2016

I am a morally reprehensible person who will be directly responsible for the election of Hillary Clinton

at least according to Ace ( @AceofSpadesHQ )

Sorry, I was on Twitter. I felt it was necessary to dispel the widely-held myth, adored by #NeverTrumpers, that somehow attacking Trump relentlessly does not aid Hillary Clinton, and that they are not choosing Hillary Clinton by choosing to be NeverTrump.
 All choices have consequences. By supporting Trump, I am responsible for the consequences of a Trump victory -- and those consequences could indeed be dire.
But a childish morally-unserious fantasy has infected the #NeverTrump not-so-intellgentsia, that they can agitate for Hillary Clinton -- by relentlessly disparaging Trump -- and somehow, they are not responsible for the consequences of the Hillary presidency they are bucking for.
Really? Choices have consequences?  I never would have guessed.

When do we get to hold Rush Limbaugh et. al, responsible for the election of Barack Obama?  Because I believe that his constant bashing of John McCain was highly damaging and helped lead to Obama's election.

The same is true for Mitt Romney - a man who would have been far superior to Obama as President but who many "CONSERVATIVES" mocked relentlessly and continually stated they would not support.  I cant really search Ace's site but as I recall there was a lot of participation there.

What about the dillholes who helped elect Rubio and Cruz despite warning from those of us (yes, me) that they were politicians first and then had their choices implode leaving us with such a douchebag as our candidate.

And Ace, what about you? You could have come out against Trump early, but you waffled.  I even questioned you about it, pointing out Trumps abysmal record and his unsuitable temperament   and you asked me to "Allow you the courtesy of making up your own mind".  Well I did and now here we are.

You made a choice, now everyone has to live with the consequences.  An ignorant loudmouthed fascist whose sole contributions to society is a good looking daughter and a TV catchphrase is our candidate, but somehow I am to blame if Hillary gets elected.

Fuck that.

I find Hillary morally repugnant, but in the scheme of things I find her a shade less repugnant and a shade less dangerous than Trump.  At least she probably won't destroy NATO and kowtow to Putin while praising Mussolini's efficiency.  So while I won't actively support her at least I will be able to look myself in the mirror if she wins and that's more than I can say if Trump wins.

If that means that I support Hillary than so be it.


No comments: