Sunday, September 20, 2015

52 Weeks of Preaching - Week 2 - "Give me a challenge, and I'll meet it with joy."


On the occasion of the destruction of the Space Shuttle Challenger in 1986 President Reagan offers the nation a chance to heal and reaffirms the spirit that made America great.



"I know it is hard to understand, but sometimes painful things like this happen. It's all part of the process of exploration and discovery. It's all part of taking a chance and expanding man's horizons. The future doesn't belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave. The Challenger crew was pulling us into the future, and we'll continue to follow them."
We seem to have forgotten that.  All I hear anymore is about how things are beyond our grasp and that we have to look inward not outward.  That the future belongs to others, like China, India and Brazil.

To that I say, "Bullshit, nothing is beyond our grasp.  We're Americans and the future is ours as long as we are willing to stand and take it'  If you want my vote that's the message I want coming out of your mouth.



No comments: