Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Touching bases with you, my (imaginary) fans

It's been a couple days and I haven't really posted anything so I just thought I would touch base.  Nothing happening.  It's a short week at work and I am going on vacation next week so I am just trying to deal with that.  Also I just don't feel like fighting about the Confederate Flag, Gay Marriage, or Obamacare.  (Take the flag down at government building and sites except cemeteries, Support Gay Marriage but I still think forcing it through the courts will just result in years of rancor like Roe v. Wade, Obamacare is an abomination that just can't work in a fiscally responsible manner)

Other than that just not a lot happening but here are two quick stories I did see:

Twitter CEO says going public increased short term thinking - You couldn't look at any company that has gone public ever and figure out that was going to happen?  It's the curse of VC investment and the MBA mentality.

Security researcher leave Google to help form CyberUL - Basically the government wants to implement standards for software testing for "security and safety".  Do not do it.  It will not end well. I have worked with UL, trying to adopt that model to software development will just strangle innovation and increase cost and complexity.

No comments: