Monday, December 22, 2014

Another Cherished Childhood Friend Has Passed Away

My Kitchen Measuring Cup -


This faithful cup has been in my life as long as I can remember.  I know my mother had it when we lived on Lux Ave in 1969 which means she probably had it in Gillette and Seattle which would make this cup as old as me.and now tragically it is gone.  It was a good cup:  Accurate as far as such thing go, Easy to read, Graduated in both real and metric units, and able to double as a coffee cup in a pinch.  It will be missed.

Slowly all the permanence in my life is slipping away, first my wallet, then my shaving kit, then my fan, and now this.  I don't know how much more I can take.

(For the morbidly curious -It died of a crack all the way down one side, across the bottom and up the other)

Update:  No metric units just real measurements, cups and ounces.

No comments: