Thursday, October 02, 2014

Question - What's your favorite book?

Just curious came up a little bit ago when I mentioned a book that I thought was pretty widely known and a blank stare was returned:

Here's my top 10:

1.  Starship Troopers

 1.  Voice of the Whirlwind (tie)


3. The Forever War


4.  Cryptonomicon


5.  The Baroque Cycle (really one big book in my opinion)



6.  The Hunt for Red October


7.  American Tabloid


8.  The Great Hunt (Wheel of Time Series)


9.  The Moon is a Harsh Mistress


10.  Have Space Suit - Will Travel


Yeah I know it isn't a very diverse list but then again I am a Caucasian , Heterosexual, Cisgendered, American Male so the fact that I can read at all is a miracle.  And let me issue a challenge here.  Read one of the Heinlein books, any one, and then read one of Cory Doctrow's books.  Compare the world views and tell me which is the better one to help form a world view.

No comments: