Sunday, October 26, 2014

Cyberthrillers

It's Sunday so it was time for the weekly trip to Powell's books so before I went I did a quick search for cyber-thrillers to see if there were any I wanted to read - short answer it's a rather short and disappointing list that appears however one title did catch my eye.  Geek Mafia: Black Hat Blues.  Part of a series the description looks promising and the reviews aren't bad but I am leery.  The last time I did this I ended up with an NSA themed harlequinn romance, and at $9.39 it's not exactly cheap.

Ah, my innate cheapness is shining thru.

Oh well I have read the first chapter and it doesn't appear horrible so we'll see.

If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

(quick aside if you are into this genre you can't go too far wrong with Mark Russinovich's ( @markrussinovich ) Jeff Aiken series)

While I was at Powell's I did pick up the first two Transmetropolitans, which I have heard good things about, and Steven Levy's Crypto, which I have been meaning to read for a long time.

No comments: