Tuesday, April 29, 2014

What I am reading today - 4/29/2014

NY Times - White House Details Thinking on Cybersecurity Flaws - Mr. Daniel wrote that the administration has now “established a disciplined, rigorous and high-level decision-making process for vulnerability disclosure.” (...) Mr. Daniel wrote that the administration has now “established a disciplined, rigorous and high-level decision-making process for vulnerability disclosure.”

A detailed flowchart is shown below:


Hacker News - How Many People Are Wrongly Convicted?  Researchers Do the Math. - "There’s a more rigorous way to crunch the numbers, according to Gross’s new study. And that approach leads to a false conviction rate that was high enough to make me gasp — 4.1 percent."  (I read the study quickly and although I am not a statistician, or even very smart really, something seems wrong about it.  I am not buying their 4.1 percent number.  It could be lower, it could be higher but something in the back of my mind just tells me their methodology is flawed).




Post a Comment

New Ready Player One Trailer

This dropped while I was out of town - From what I have read Ernest Cline seems to like the adaptation, but to me it seems to completely ...