Tuesday, April 29, 2014

What I am reading today - 4/29/2014

NY Times - White House Details Thinking on Cybersecurity Flaws - Mr. Daniel wrote that the administration has now “established a disciplined, rigorous and high-level decision-making process for vulnerability disclosure.” (...) Mr. Daniel wrote that the administration has now “established a disciplined, rigorous and high-level decision-making process for vulnerability disclosure.”

A detailed flowchart is shown below:


Hacker News - How Many People Are Wrongly Convicted?  Researchers Do the Math. - "There’s a more rigorous way to crunch the numbers, according to Gross’s new study. And that approach leads to a false conviction rate that was high enough to make me gasp — 4.1 percent."  (I read the study quickly and although I am not a statistician, or even very smart really, something seems wrong about it.  I am not buying their 4.1 percent number.  It could be lower, it could be higher but something in the back of my mind just tells me their methodology is flawed).




No comments: