Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Medical Update

Some of you know this and some of you don’t but on the 9th I was diagnosed with High Blood Pressure.  Extremely high – the doctor didn’t give numbers initially but he said he was surprised I could walk into his office.  Anyway between the initial warning during a pre-employment physical and my actual diagnosis I drastically changed my eating habits.  Really cut back on salt and caffeine and started eating a whole bunch more fruits and vegetables (blech).  I also upped my walking schedule from 3 to 4 days per week to 4 to 5.  It’s made a difference.  In 20 days I have lost 10 pounds and the medication has pushed my BP way down.  Of course I am still to fat, so I will keep working on losing the weight, and I feel hungry and cranky all the time due to the lack of caffeine, but I will probably get used to that.

No comments: