Saturday, May 23, 2009

And it begins again - Around the Moronosphere in 60 minutes 4/23/2009 5/23/09

OK my internet finally seems stable enough to attempt going through the 80 plus blogs and 30 some newspapers that make up one of the round-ups again.

While I was down (most of this week) I picked up 15 new followers on twitter so this will be first for them. Welcome, If you have a blog you want included send me the URL and I will add it to my RSS feed.

Ace - Finally the new server is up. Will reliability be improved? Probably not. Nature abhors a vacuum so it's not going to let all that bitching that the frequent crashes at AoS engendered go without a fit.

Back Talk - Obama's Greatest Achievement (so far) - "That would be restoring George Bush's national security credentials, and it is an impressive accomplishment, indeed. He has basically adopted all of Bush's policies, with the notable exception of embracing the detention center at Guantanamo Bay. On that subject, Bush was thoughtful and analytical (as always, in spite of what you mistakenly think), whereas Obama was as intellectually superficial as he was morally pompous. He still is."

I don't know I think singlehandedly dismantling the American economy is proving pretty impressive too.

Betsy - Why Waxman and Markey's cap and trade bill is even worse than expected - Leadership by committee.

Dilbert - Remind me again who ruined the economy? was it the witches?

Hot Air - Mancow gets waterboarded - Chicago radio shock jock gets waterboarded and calls it torture - Watch the video decide for yourself. I will readily admit that it is torturous but is it torture - "causing lasting physical or mental harm" I don't think so.

Locusts and Honey provides a link to the 10 greatest Libertarian Sci-Fi novels of all time.


The Other McCain has their weekly Full Metal Jacket Reach Around Saturday. - Once again Kuru Lounge gets dissed. Just kidding I do appreciate the traffic bumps from the links.

OK that's it for now. I was so behind on these I didn't get a chance to go thru the papers, but I will clear the backlog from google reader and hopefully have things back to normal soon.

Oh and so I am prepared for Rule 5 Sunday - Jana Defi



I am not sure what she was doing to require two fire extinguishers but I wanna watch.

No comments: