Monday, June 09, 2008

Another Day Another Dollar

I don't blog about work much other than to say "we're super busy" but I am going to make an exception today.

I mentioned yesterday that I had to drive down to Portland. Well that was for work. One of my co-workers decided to move on to another company and I took over his responsibilities which include Atmospheric, Climactic and HALT/HASS testing. I don't know anything about any of those things other than it tends to break products. (Actually HALT/HASS are designed to stress products until they break in order to help with life cycle improvement). I guess I am going to learn.

In a way it's good. It makes me more hireable if I should ever have to change jobs, although I have no plans to. I don't make the greatest money and the benefits aren't all that but I like the people I work with and I believe in the ability of the products to do well. Besides I have been here since 1999 why would I want to change now?

So anyway I am sitting in this test lab and I don't actually have much to do for the next 5.5 hours as the board I am testing goes thru the ramping protocol and gets up to it's maximum operational altitude so I guess I will work on the 3 Musketeers for awhile.

Speaking of books (or actually audio books) I was listening to the Divine Comedy on the way down yesterday and got thru the Inferno. Maybe I am jaded by Hollywood horror films but the horrors that Dante described actually don't sound that horrible. I mean I'm not saying that being submerged in boiling pitch wouldn't be excruitatingly painful, but that the descriptions themselves didn't really impart how horrible it would be. It would make for a very cool black and white movie though. Anyone from Hollywood listening to me???

OK i'll be back later once I find something besides my boring life that is actually worth writing about.

No comments: