Sunday, June 22, 2008

Age of Conan

I bought a new video game to go with the new computer. Funcom's Age of Conan.

So far I am not real impressed.

The graphics are excellent and I like being able to tweak my character creation but that's about it. I like the idea of the multiplayer / single play modes but that isn't implemented real well. Other complaints - no logical progression to quest chains, day and night quests that should be linked in some way aren't so you can end up doing the same quest multiple times. Finding stuff is kind of a pain and the combat system is way to complex. I like the idea of being able to direct blows and all but all the finshing moves and so on is just too much. The loot and quests are boring. Finally there are weird glitches like I got locked in a tavern and couldn't get out and sometimes i will be running along and there is like an invisible wall my avatar can't run thru, then I have to go around it.

Overall - Good effort but needs a lot of work.

No comments: