Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Liberated

In the wake of the 2006 elections Rush Limbaugh declared himself liberated of the Republican Party stating:

"I no longer am going to have to carry the water for people who I don't think deserve having their water carried."


Well today I declare myself liberated from Rush Limbaugh, as well as Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity, Hugh Hewitt, Anna Coulter et. al.

The fact that they would rather see Hillary Clinton win and pack the Supreme Court with nominees rather than vote for John McCain who has about an 85% lifetime average rating from the American Conservative Union tells me their common sense has completely fled them.

Let's be clear McCain was not my first choice or even my second really, but he is the candidate we have that has a chance of winning. Will he be perfect? No. Will he have policies that make me want to rip out my hair? Probably. But, there comes a time in life that you have to grow the F**k up and make lemonade out of the lemons that fell in your lap. Instead Limbaugh would rather whine and pull a repeat of 1992 where he helped fracture the Republican party, by endorsing Pat Buchanan, ultimately leading to 8 years of Bill Clinton as President.

Way to go Rush.

Not that any of this matters - me and my 3 readers versus Limbaugh et. al. and his 20,000,000 dittoheads, but there it is. (especially since there is no guarantee my readers agree with me)

Update There really aren't words to express how freakin pissed I am by all this. If by some small (infinitesimal really) chance someone associated with the Rush Limbaugh show should read this feel free to use this to let your listeners know that at least one 20 year listener has broken with you.

, , ,

No comments: