Sunday, October 28, 2007

It's quiet, too quiet

I was looking at the casualty figures over at icasualty.org and I noticed that no war related deaths were reported for yesterday for Iraqis. That's good but it makes me uneasy.

I have been the most consistently optimistic person about our prospects of victory in Iraq that I know so I am very happy about the success of the troop surge so far. The problem is I am having trouble believing that it is going this well. I feel like this is a horror movie where someone says "It's quiet, too quiet" and suddenly Freddy Krueger or Jason jumps out of a closet and kills everybody. I keep waiting for that Freddy Krueger moment where al-Qaeda drives a bus full of kids into the middle of town gets all the cameras around them and chops of their heads one by one.

Hopefully I am wrong.

, ,

No comments: