Thursday, September 20, 2007

James Dobson Won't Support Fred Thompson

I don't like James Dobson; in my opinion he is a self righteous jerk. Despite that we agree on a lot of issues and the Fred Thompson presidential run may be one:

"Isn't Thompson the candidate who is opposed to a Constitutional amendment to protect marriage, believes there should be 50 different definitions of marriage in the U.S., favors McCain-Feingold, won't talk at all about what he believes, and can't speak his way out of a paper bag on the campaign trail?" Dobson wrote.

"He has no passion, no zeal, and no apparent 'want to.' And yet he is apparently the Great Hope that burns in the breasts of many conservative Christians? Well, not for me, my brothers. Not for me!"

source: Washington Post


When Fred first announced I commented in a thread at Ace of Spades that I felt uneasy about his running. I didn't have any one thing to point to besides his support for McCain-Feingold and his inability to make the decision to run, but now he has been on the trail for a couple weeks and I have to agree with Dobson.

, ,

No comments: