Thursday, July 05, 2007

5 Books Every Geek Should Read

Suicide Girls (not a blog I normally read) has a reprint of Wil Wheaton's list of five books every geek must read.

Wheaton who played one of the most annoying characters in the history of Science Fiction, Wesley Crusher, has mutated into some sort of authority on all things geeky.

This doesn't bode well for the future. I mean aside from the fact that I disagree with his list. The idea that he can be a pop icon leaves open the door for a Jar-Jar Binks comeback. I don't think mankind could survive such a blow.

(Actually I don't hate Wil Wheaton that much, but Wesley Crusher was a spot on humanities soul that must be blotted out)

My list:

1. Snow Crash (Bantam Spectra Book)
2. The Cuckoo's Egg: Tracking a Spy Through the Maze of Computer Espionage
3. Voice Of The Whirlwind
4. Neuromancer
5. Starship Troopers

It's actually pretty tough to pare it down to 5 but there you go.

, ,

No comments: