Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Catching up a bit

I have a little free time to today so I decided to play a bit of catch-up.

I haven't been following the news too closely although the Palin announcement blew me away, just like everyone else. I can't understand what she is thinking. If she is planning a run for higher office this seems to scuttle that. If she is hoping to get out from under the media microscope it kills that chance too. If she is planning on trying to build some sort of conservative coalition I think she has just opened it to criticism / ridicule. But then what do I know? A couple of years ago I couldn't conceive of the idea of Barack Obama and Joe Biden being in charge elected President and Vice President either so I could be completely wrong.

In the meantime Ace takes offense to an R.S. McCain piece, and I have to say I agree with him about the heretic hunting. (Although that may be a bit of the pot calling the kettle black given my recent post on the 8 Republicans who voted for the cap and trade bill. In my defense I will just say that there are somethings that I think will be so harmful to the country that you have to draw a line. Most other things are open to some form of compromise.) McCain did post an update clarifying his point so an incipient blog-war may have been averted.

On the other hand Ace is often to ready to jump on the Allahpundit band wagon. It's good that he get's called on it occasionally. Keep him honest :-P

Not much else is happening. I am sick of all the Michael Jackson coverage. My Spanish class is going OK. Work is a real bummer (of course that's why they call it work and not happy happy fun time). I am filling out transfer applications. Looking for a decent school with a good rep and affordable tuition. My two primaries are still UW-Bothell and UW-Tacoma but the way higher ed is getting slahed her in WA State I need back-ups.

Update: The Other McCain follows up.

No comments: