Sunday, April 17, 2016

Some Goals

I start a new job next Monday - Information Security Analyst

Seeking a candidate with experience with Security Testing and Evaluation 1-3 years
Desired experience with performing risk assessment

Understanding of the following tools:
Vulnerability scanners
Configuration scanners
Application scanners
Network mapping tools

Experience with the following frameworks and standards, ISO 27002, NIST SP 800-37, 800-39, 800-53 rev4, and other 800 series standards. An understanding of vulnerability and risk assessment process and procedures. Experience in the generation of management reports and technical remediation plans to address infrastructure concerns.
The Security Assurance team is tasked with enterprise-wide security assessments to baseline organizational assets, critical information systems, emerging technologies and remediation plans. The candidate will analyze assessment efforts to provide management with a complete view of known vulnerabilities and associated risks. Scope of assessment includes but not limited to: a detailed report of all findings or gaps associated with a system(s), the beginning of defining the POA&M and Security Assessment Report SAR deliverables
In light of that I have decided to set a few goals for the rest of the year:

1.  Complete my CCNA Routing and Switching - target  1 July 2016
2.  Complete CASP -  target 2 Sep 2016
3.  Complete CCNA Security - target 30 Dec 2016

and for the beginning of next year

4.  CISSP - target 31 Mar 2017

I know everyone will be on pins and needles tracking my progress but if I don't do it this way I won't work on this stuff at all.
Post a Comment

OSCP and Defcon26

First - I was thinking my OSCP course started on the 27th, nope it starts on the 19th.  I would have missed it except i decided to double ch...