Monday, April 13, 2015

Mini-Review - Furious 7

Went to see Furious 7, the 7th installment of the Fast and Furious franchise, today.  Overall it was OK.  I was a little disappointed that they abandoned the gritty realism that marked the first six outings and concentrated instead on over the top CGI stunts and violence.

Other observations -

1.  They managed to tie Fast and Furious - Tokyo Drift (the best of all the Fast and Furious movies) back into the main story line.  They had to retcon Han's death though and I don't know if I can forgive that.

2.  For being a Muslim country Abu Dhabi sure has a lot of Booze and a lot of Bikini clad women just wandering the streets

3.  Ronda Rousey looks good kicking Michelle Rodriguez's ass.

4.  The entire hacker subplot was retarded.

5.  Based off this movie I may move to Abu Dhabi.

6.  The tribute to Paul Walker was pretty well done.

Unless you are a huge loser or big fan of the franchise (I qualify on both counts) I wouldn't recommend seeing it at the theatre.  Wait for Netflix.

(Note;  This is easily Jason Statham's worst role ever, I include all 3 Expendables movies in that estimation)

No comments: