Friday, July 06, 2007

Federal Appeals Court Dismisses Suit Against Terrorist Surveillance Program

Last August Judge Anna Diggs Taylor ruled that the NSA's Terrorist Surveillance Program (or Domestic Wiretapping Program if you must) was unconstitutional.

Today a Federal Appeals court found the plaintiffs had no standing to bring the suit and returned it to Judge Diggs Taylor for dismissal.

CINCINNATI - A federal appeals court on Friday ordered the dismissal of a lawsuit challenging President Bush’s domestic spying program, saying the plaintiffs had no standing to sue.

source: MSNBC


I was fairly outraged at the decision last August because with my Law and Order gleaned legal education I felt the Judge had completely ignored the established precedent of United States vs. Truong Dinh Hung and that she had stretched in order to find standing for the plaintiffs. I'm glad I was at least partially vindicated.

, , , , ,
Post a Comment

What I am reading (or maybe watching) 10/18/2017

DefCon - ICS Village: Grid Insecurity and How to Really Fix This Shit - I tried to see this talk while at DefCon, but the room they ...