Thursday, June 14, 2007

Scooter Libby headed to jail

I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby former chief of staff to VP Cheney, who was recently convicted of and sentenced for perjury in connection with Plamegate has had his request for bail pending resolution of his appeal denied. That was kind of expected Judge Walton has consistently ruled against Libby throughout the trial.

The unexpected part was the judge's boo-hooing of the numerous death threats he has received since sentencing Libby to 30 months in prison, a $250,000 fine and 2 years probation. Although he didn't reveal any details Judge Walton said he was holding on to the letters in case anything happened.

Any bets on who sent them (I'm looking at you Daily Kos and Huffington Post).

More: BBC and LA Times

Update - I was going to throw this in earlier but I was in a hurry to get something up.

I followed the Libby case pretty closely and even though I am not a lawyer it seemed to me he was getting screwed harder and more often than a $2.00 whore when the fleet is in town. (Or for those of you who have been to Korea a 500 won whore during Team Spirit). This is just icing on the cake. I read the briefs and the sentencing guidelines and it seems to me Libby definitely qualified for bail.

, , ,
Post a Comment

What I am reading (or maybe watching) 10/18/2017

DefCon - ICS Village: Grid Insecurity and How to Really Fix This Shit - I tried to see this talk while at DefCon, but the room they ...