Thursday, August 10, 2006

TERROR IN THE SKIES - Dunh Dunh dun Dah

As everyone who has drawn a breath today knows the Brits disrupted a plan to have up to 50 individuals blow up 10 airliners this morning. I am not going to chronicle all the details because frankly I haven't been able to keep up with what is going on as closely as I would like.

I am going to address a few issues though:

1. Why is this a surprise? I have been seeing hints for weeks that soemthing was planned for 22 August.

2. Why is TSA having so much troubling gearing up for the new regs on this? I understand handsearchs are time consuming, but we should have learned by now how to do them efficiently.

3. Why are people so upset by this? I know it's frustrating but it's not like the TSA did this to make people uncomfortable. Also how stupid do you have to be at this point to still be carrying water etc. up to the checkpoints? Those people should be beaten with a sock full of oranges.

4. Does anyone really think that this is a coincidence. I know the convential wisdom is that Al-Qaeda and associates don't put store in anniversaries, but they know that we do. I wouldn't be at all surprised in the final attack wasn't planned for 9/11.

5. Does the New York Times feel stupid about blowing the cover on the Terrosist Surveillance Program and the SWIFT tracking program now? My understanding is the Brits used similar programs to bust this ring up.

Post a Comment

What I am reading (or maybe watching) 10/18/2017

DefCon - ICS Village: Grid Insecurity and How to Really Fix This Shit - I tried to see this talk while at DefCon, but the room they ...