Friday, August 11, 2006

More On The UK Terror Bust

So I have finally caught up on this story I think. Here is how I understand it:

After the 7/7 bombings a Muslim woman in Britain contacted authorities about an acquaintance she thought was acting strangely. The British police began an investigation in July 2005. Slowly using information from Pakistan, electronic surveillance (Wiretaps and Bank Data), and human intelligence (an infiltrator), they put together a picture of the plot. President Bush and Prime Minister Blair were briefed earlier this week. Jack Reid (the British Home Secretary) made the decision to arrest the conspirators after information was developed that they were ready to go operational.

That's it in a nutshell. Good work to those who made this happen.

I still stand behind my observations yesterday. I think that given there has been a large amount of talk regarding August 22nd as a target date TSA and the Airlines should have been prepared. (Kim Priestap at Wizbang also noted the August 22nd date). Additionally I still think anyone who shows up in the security line with a bottle of water or suntan lotion should be beaten with a sock full of oranges. Alternatively the could be crucified in the parking lot as a warning to others.

Two additional observation I would like to make this morning. Who the hell does CAIR think it's defending when they get offended by President Bush pointing out this was the work of Islamic Fascism. Wake up you retards your religion's reputation(what there is of it) is being ruined by people like this and Hezbollah.

Second, can President Bush do anything to satisfy Michelle Malkin? She has been consistently critical of him for calling Islam "A religion of peace" yesterday when he talked about Islamic Fascism she was upset because that term is so last year.

At least he got the "I"-word in there. But I stopped using the terms "Islamic fascist" and "Islamofascism" a while ago, though, because they obscure rather than clarify.

Post a Comment

OSCP and Defcon26

First - I was thinking my OSCP course started on the 27th, nope it starts on the 19th.  I would have missed it except i decided to double ch...