Thursday, July 20, 2006

Why I don't support the President's veto of Stem Cell research funding.

Quite simply it is because I don't think the embryos in question qualify as human life yet. Yes fertilization has occured but the embryos have not moved past the blastocyst stage, so if the were in the womb they would not yet have reached the implantation stage. In my mind that is where legitimately say life is beginning. It is very likely that if these were normally developed embryos vs. those developed for in vitro fertilization they would fail to implant anyway (I have heard failure rates of 50 to 90%) and if you want to use the religous argument I can't believe God would kill off 90% of new souls before they experirnced life so obviously they don't have a soul yet.

, , ,
Post a Comment

New Ready Player One Trailer

This dropped while I was out of town - From what I have read Ernest Cline seems to like the adaptation, but to me it seems to completely ...