Monday, July 10, 2006

TIME.com: Delay Redux? -- Jul 17, 2006 -- Page 1

Update: Another you heard it here first moment. Read this post over on Redstate.

Damn, why don't I get more readers? Just Kidding, I know why, I don't really follow all the optimization rules, plus I (mostly) stopped trackbacking after being chastised for violating blogger ettiquete.

TIME.com: Delay Redux? -- Jul 17, 2006 -- Page 1

Could Tom DeLay be headed back to the House? A source close to the ex-Congressman tells TIME that DeLay is planning an aggressive campaign to retake the House seat he quit in June if an appeals court lets stand a ruling by a federal judge last week that his name must stay on November's ballot--even though he has moved to Virginia.

I have a hard time believing that Texas Democrats really believe this is a good thing. It looks like a sleazy political trick on their part to keep a Republican from running. I am willing to bet that as soon as DeLay starts to campaign they will be complaining because he is a Virginia resident not a Texas resident. And don't forget this is the same party that pushed so hard to get Frank Lautenberg on the ballot in 2004 after Torricelli was indicted.

Technorati tags: , , ,
Post a Comment

New Ready Player One Trailer

This dropped while I was out of town - From what I have read Ernest Cline seems to like the adaptation, but to me it seems to completely ...